First of all I feel as though I should offer a little explanation regarding my recent disappearing act. In all honesty I felt like I had slipped into a bit of blogging slump, then there was that whole eye infection mess and a trip to Cologne this past weekend. Not to mention my bout of Thanksgiving homesickness that I seem to experience every year. So my sincere apologies for the long hiatus. However, I’m feeling a bit more energized and ready to get back on the horse.
I thought it might be nice to share some gift ideas, since I for one was a little stumped this year myself. I tried to choose things that would appeal to the masses but naturally I know that my choices may not suit everyone. I tried to include some items that Captain Canada and myself actually own or things that may have been on our wish lists at some time or another. Also, be sure to shop around if any of these items strike your interest, as the links I’ve provided are to sites that I’ve either purchased them from myself or I found decent prices for, so be sure to look elsewhere. Anyhow, I hope that at least some of you find this a bit helpful. By all means let me know what you think or if you have anything to add by commenting down below.
Gifts For Her
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm: A personal favorite of mine. Especially perfect for the dry cold winter months.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir: Everyone is raving over this stuff, and I imagine she will be very happy with the results. Also comes in a 100 ml bottle.
- Tangle Teezer Original: Great for long or short hair, adults or children. It is a detangling machine, yet it’s gentle and you can also find it at Sally Beauty Supply stores.
- LUSH Snow Fairy Gift: The shower gel smells so good and this set includes a few extras.
- Real Techniques Setting Brush: Great all multi-purpose makeup brush. In my opinion it’s one of the most underrated little workhorses in the beauty community.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush: Exposed is a good neutral universal shade or you can opt for the Fantastic Foursome Enthusiast Set. You can also find these at Sephora and Ulta.
- MAC mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle: Very well-known cult product in a universally flattering color. She will be positively glowing with appreciation. You can also pick this up at your local MAC counter.
- Unii Palette: Empty palette that allows you to add whatever essentials you need. Great for travel.
- Stick With It Palette: Larger double-sided empty palette which can help condense any makeup collection. Easy to clean, no fuss, no magnet unique self sticking interior.
- GHD Flat Iron: Excellent hair styling tool, not just for straightening but for curling as well. Well worth the investment.
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish: Any shade will do, but I would recommend Today Was A Fairytale, Nefertiti, Ruby Red Slippers & Stairway to Heaven as they are great for the season and quite unique. Deborah Lippmann products are sold at numerous sites and stores.
- Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Malice: A beautiful sparkling red which is also great for the Holidays, not to mention year round. Scoop this up quick though since this is part of the Limited Holiday collection.
- Philosophy Shower Gel: So many fragrances to choose from including a few special Holiday editions. This can be used as a shower gel, shampoo and a bubble bath. Also available at Sephora.
- Urban Decay Naked or Naked 2 Palette: Great gift for the lady in your life who already loves makeup or for someone who is just beginning to take an interest. You can’t go wrong with either of these as they were created to be universally flattering and neutral. Also available at Sephora and Ulta.
- L.L. Bean Boat & Tote: This would be great for running errands, eco-friendly grocery bag, travel, heading to the gym, school, or even as a diaper bag for mommies on the go. There is an open top & zipper option as well as a completely customizable version. Monogramming option available.
- Classic Leather Cambrigde Satchel: Handmade leather bags (could also be great for him) that come in a wide array of colors and sizes. Monogramming option available. This is one of those gifts that will stand the test of time.
- American Apparel Unisex Circle Scarf: A little something to keep her warm and fashionable during the winter months. As with most American Apparel products, you can choose from a huge selection of colors.
- Neff Cupcake Beanie: Yes, I own this and wear this constantly as soon as the weather turns chilly. It’s warm, super cute, and comes in many different color combinations.
- So So Happy Hoodie: These are just out of control adorable. She’ll enjoy wearing this everywhere from the gym, school, and around the house.
- Ugg Bailey Button Mini Shearling Boots: Numerous color choices so you’re sure to find a pair that suit her. Perfect for keeping her toes warm and snuggly this winter and all throughout the year.
Gifts For Him
- LUSH Bohemian Soap: A super zesty citrus scented soap that have him feeling energized and squeaky clean. Not to mention smelling wonderful. This is a personal favorite of Captain Canada’s.
- Jack Black Beard Lube Conditioning Shave: Ultra gentle & soothing shaving cream alternative. Rave reviews can be heard and read for this product all over. It’s perfect for the man in your life that likes a little follicle experimentation.
- Tweezerman Stainless Steel Facial Hair Scissors: Great little scissors to help aide him with his man-scaping duties.
- Leatherman Multi Tool: There are a crazy amount of models to choose from so you’re guaranteed to find one to suit the needs of any guy. Super handy, useful, all around great gift. (They also make a mini key chain version that is great for women.)
- Klein Cushion Grip Screwdriver Set: These are another favorite of the Captains as he owns numerous Klein tools. They offer quite a few different sets ranging in size. Well made, sturdy, easy to handle and he’ll have them forever. Also available through Amazon.com and Home Depot.
- Ticket Stub Diary: Whether he’s an avid sports fan, or he loves going to shows, he’s sure to appreciate a way to keep all of his ticket stubs together and organized.
- Pick Punch: Excellent gift for those super creative guitar playing guys. They’re sure to love this neat little gadget that allows them to create their own guitar picks out any thick plastic material. Good way to recycle those old credit cards and gift cards as well.
- Lego Storage Head: Different sizes and faces available. The Captain and I don’t own these exact storage boxes but we do have quite a few of the bricks and while they’re useful, they just look so cool. Perfect for the Lego enthusiast, adult or child. Also available on Amazon.com.
- Shameless USA season 1 & 2 DVD or Blu-Ray: We love this series and recently watched it again with friends and every man in the room was roaring with laughter. Not for the faint of heart though.
- Timbuk 2 Messenger Bag: The Captain and I both have these in different sizes and we can attest to just how useful, and rugged these really are. We’ve had ours for over ten years now and they are still just as bright as the day we received them and show very minimal wear which is saying a lot considering how rough the Capt. Canada is on his. There are quite a a few sizes and styles, colors and fabrics to choose from or you can pay a little extra to completely customize them. You can also add extra features at an additional cost, depending on how the bag will be used.
- Old Navy Flannel or Poplin pajama pants: With so many colors and prints to choose from, including Batman and Superman, you’re sure to find a pair that your guy will like. Besides, they sure beat having to see him loaf around in a pair of ragged old sweatpants or grody old sport shorts.
- Globe Castro Shoes/Slippers: Another Captain Canada approved item, in fact he’s gone through two pairs of these so far. While they can be worn as shoes as they have a sneaker bottom, the Captain wears his as slippers around the house. You can find these in a wide array of colors and fabrics.
- L.L. Bean Terry Cloth Robe: Yet another tried and true item that the Captain and I both love. It’s a nice weight, super warm and snuggly. These get pulled out each and every winter without fail by the two of us and the Capt. likes to use his at the spa as well. Monogramming option available.
- American Apparel Unisex Flex Fleece Hoodie: Tons of color options available and super soft & comfy. He’ll be glad to receive this and enjoy wearing it all year round. (Could be a good gift for women as well.)
- The North Face Nuptse 2 Down Vest: The excellent quality you would expect from The North Face and he is sure to get a lot of use out this in jut about every season.
Gifts They’ll Both Like
- The New Kindle Paperwhite: I have the Kindle and love it, but this new one with the backlight option would just make it all that much better. Perfect gift for the avid reader.
- The Settlers of Catan / Die Siedler von Catan board game: If this isn’t our favorite board game then it is definitely in the top three. This game puts just about every other typical American board game to shame (sorry, but it’s true). Any one who enjoys a good board game will be glad to receive this one. Perhaps the best part is that there are expansions for this which allow you to diversify game play.
- All In One Company Sleepsuit “onesie”: Fully customizable with extra options like feet, pockets, hoods, ears and tails. Some ready made options and gift vouchers available. Perfect for men, women and children alike. Head over and check them out.
- Clarisonic Mia or Mia2: A smaller, more travel friendly, sized down version of the original Clarisonic. Great gift for anyone looking to add to their skin care routine or for anyone currently experiencing any skin issues. Multiple brush heads available that cater to different needs so you’re sure to find one that will suit the recipient of your choice
I know that the holiday shopping season has officially been in full swing for nearly a week a now and I hope that you were able to take advantage of some of the great deals that have been available in store and online recently. I know I was particularly thrilled with some of the bargains I found on various websites that I shop. In fact, I ordered myself a pair of Black Milk leggings since they were 50% off. Sadly though that sale has come to an end though, sorry ladies. As for my Christmas shopping, I’m nearly done already. I don’t know about you, but I am not one for braving the crazy crowds that I’m sure to face in stores lately, so for the past two years I’ve done the majority of my shopping online. Anyhoo, I am working on getting some reviews done as well as lining up some more people to do the “Love It, Loathe It: Friends Edition,” which seemed to have gone over pretty well. Also, I have some things on the way from my mommy back in the Mitten, Mayti in the windy city and cousin Meredith from the Great White North and I’m doing a swap with the lovely woman behind Painted Nails & Baking Scales so I will be sure to share all of that with you in the coming weeks. By the way, if you’ve not checked out her site yet, then be sure to head over and give it a look. As always, thanks for reading and check back soon.