It occurred to me earlier this week that I never got around to doing a June favorites post. So naturally I didn’t want to let things slide for the month of July as well because I have discovered quite a few new products this month that I’m loving. So without further adieu, here they are:
- The handmade quilt from my auntie: My aunt has spent months lovingly crafting this for me. When I was in the mitten last fall she had me pick out some patterns and colors that I liked but in the end I told her to just surprise me. So you can imagine just how surprised, thrilled and touched I was when this arrived the week before my birthday. Every time I look at it I notice something new and I will cherish this for many years to come. Thanks again aunt Sue, not just for my quilt but for everything.
- M.A.C. Viva Glam I Lipstick: This was my very first M.A.C. purchase and was therefore my gateway product because now I’m hooked. What can I say that hasn’t already been said about this. It’s simply a beautiful deep matte red that would be flattering on a wide array of skin tones. Amazing formula.
- M.A.C. Russian Red Lipstick: This one is a brighter matte red with blue tones that my amazing husband actually picked out for me and is not surprisingly his favorite on me. Just like my Viva Glam I, the formula of this is great as with all the M.A.C. lipsticks I’ve acquired thus far all have the most lovely subtle vanilla scent, no unpleasant taste and stay put like you would not believe.
- LUSH Love Gorilla Perfume: I also picked this up at the very beginning of July and featured it in my LUSH Nürnberg haul. I reach for this constantly and absolutely love it’s spicy cinnamon scent and I highly suggest you give it a whiff next time you’re in a LUSH store. Even Captain Canada likes this, in fact it was one of my early birthday gifts from him.
- LUSH Rock Star soap: This is one of the items from my Munich LUSH haul and it is now a favorite of mine. What can I say, it’s bright pink, smells like candy and leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean to boot (not pictured).
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Charm & Honey: My mom sent this a few weeks ago and I’ve been using and raving about them ever since. I’m already in the market for three more. Just last week I posted swatches and review which you can see here.
- Essie Go Overboard: This is another goodie that my mom sent and I’m in love with it. It’s such a deep rich beautiful color. If you’re interested you can see swatches and my full review here.
- Garnier Skin Naturals Ultra Lift Eye Cream: I’ve been using this for a few months now and I have definitely noticed an improvement in the skin under my eyes. It’s not a miracle cure and I’m sure there are better under eye products out there but for the price point I think it’s pretty good.
- Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Milk: The Captain and I picked this up after getting a little toasted at the thermal baths early in July. While aloe vera is still best for more intense burns, this stuff is great as a general after sun cream. It’s moisturizing but light and smells great.
- Sleek Au Naturel Palette: I got this earlier in the month and it’s as great neutral palette. So glad it’s part of my collection. You can see my full review here.
- La Riche Directions Hair Dye in Violet: After experimenting with diluting this and using other shades of purple I finally decided to use this full strength. I’m loving this color.
- Labello Fruity Shine Cherry lip balm: This isn’t necessarily a new thing but I’ve been using it religiously the past month to ensure my lips are nice and moisturized. It’s especially great to use before applying my matte red lipsticks. Oh, and did I mention that it smells and tastes like Sweet-Tarts? Yummy!
- Royal & Langnickel S.I.L.K. C440 Pointed Liner brush & BC420 Smudger brush: These brushes are a must. Not only are they great quality, super soft brushes but they make a huge difference for me where eyeshadow application is concerned.
I know I got some of these items ages ago and have not done reviews on some of them yet but I assure you I will get to it. For one, I like to put things to the test before I review them and secondly I have been distracted by all the new things that I’ve been
hoarding acquiring. So please bare with me. As always, thanks for reading and check back soon.
I’m also on Facebook now!