I see a lot of other bloggers and vloggers that do monthly or even weekly favorites and I quite like the idea, so I decided to do a monthly favorites post as well. I did not purchase all of these products this month but they are the products I have found myself reaching for regularly and really enjoying this past month. Keep in mind that there are a few products on the list that I’ve not done a full review of just yet, but definitely plan to which I will make note of. However, if there is something you’re curious about please feel free to comment below and I will certainly review it.
- Dove Deep Care Complex Body Lotion with Shea Butter for Dry Skin: I bought this at the end of April and found a real need for it the past few weeks as it has been incredibly dry here. It is super moisturizing and smells great in my opinion, but I am partial to vanilla scented things.
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Natural Bronzer: I picked this up a few weeks ago and used it for a good two weeks. This has been the best self tanning product I have found so far. Keep in mind though, that I’m super pale. I could totally be a close relative of Casper the Friendly Ghost or say the kid from that movie Powder. Anyhow, I will be doing a more extensive review very soon so keep an eye for that.
- Garnier Deodorant Mineral 48 hr Extra Care: I picked this up on a whim and quite liked it. I have been using it ever since. I find it works well, doesn’t feel sticky, dries rather quickly and does not irritate freshly shaven underarms. This is also alcohol and paraben free.
- Garnier Skin Naturals Ultra Lift Eye Cream: This is another product that I tried on a whim during a trip to the grocery store. I have some serious dark circles under my eyes and I feel this has helped lighten them up. I also found that this did not irritate my eyes at all and I apply all around my eyes morning and night.
- Maybelline New York Pure Powder Matte Finish: The color I use is 021 Natural Beige. I just can’t bring myself to use a foundation, but I find this product works well to provide me with just a little coverage for redness while combating shine. I like the finish as it’s not so powdery, doesn’t seem to settle into lines or pores.
- Maybelline Jade Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser (Instant Anti-Age Effect Der Löscher Auge im Deutsch): The color I use is 03 Fair and I’ve actually been using this for a few months now. It claims to “erase puffiness, dark circles and fine lines.” I find it does help cover my dark circles but if you use too much of the product it will settle into fine lines. So be sure to be light handed and gradually build up coverage as need to avoid this.
- Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr: I have 15 Endless Purple, 35 One and on Bronze, 40 Permanent Taupe, and 45 Infinite White (for some reason the color names and color availability in the States are differ). I think the bronze one is the most versatile and wearable personally. Everyone has sung this products praises since they were released and I am no exception. They are amazing and have excellent staying power even without a primer. I just apply these with my finger and find the color is very build-able. I cannot attest to whether they last 24 hours because I wash my face each night but they do have amazing staying power. I’ve never experienced and smudging or transfer yet they are easy enough to remove with my Nivea eye makeup remover.
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – Créme Brulee 095: Leslie sent me this and I have been loving it. It is such a nice creamy, moisturizing, subtle nude. I find it’s perfect for everyday wear. Sadly, Revlon products aren’t available in Germany though.
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil: I have this in 604 Milk and I will definitely be picking up some other colors in the future. This is great as a base to intensify other eyeshadows but I personally use it as a highlight on my brow bone and on the inner corners of my eyes. These are super creamy and glide on incredibly smoothly.
- Labello Fruity Shine Cherry Lip Balm: This masquerades as a Nivea product in North America by the way, but the packaging looks exactly the same. This was recently reformulated and re-released here in Germany. I picked this up in the grocery store and I was pleasantly surprised by how great this is. I have a lot of Labello lip products but this is tied with the Vitamin Shake one for my very favorite. This gives a hint of color with just a little shine and smells and taste’s great. It reminds me of Sweet Tarts in fact.
- Catrice Absolute Eye Colour – 090 Bring Me Frosted Cake: These come in many different colors. I find this one works well as a highlight or to blend out other colors.
- Catrice Revoltaire Velvet Matte Lip Colour – C02 Nude Alarm: This was part of a limited edition by Catrice back in April. I have been super impressed with Catrice products and this is one of my favorites. I find it’s the perfect nude lipstick on it’s own and if you want a little shine you can pair it with a gloss as I do on occasion. Although this lipstick has no flavor, it does have that crayon smell which is unlike the rest of their permanent lipstick range which have a lovely vanilla scent. However, once it’s on your lips it’s not noticeable. You can see a swatch of Nude Alarm here.
- Catrice Lip Appeal Moisture & Shine Smoothing Lip Gloss – 080 Bare Necessity: This too is among my favorite Catrice products. I have two other lip glosses by Catrice but this is my go to color. It’s incredibly sheer with only the most subtle hint of a nude pink color and has what I think is the perfect glossy finish. I find these have decent staying power. Not to mention the fact that despite being flavorless, they smell like vanilla cupcakes, but not overpoweringly so.
- Essie – Lapis Of Luxury: I did a review on this earlier in the month which you can see here LINK. I just fell in love with this color. Even Captain Canada has said that he really liked this color. I see myself using this over and over, especially this summer. Click here to see a swatch of Lapis of Luxury.
- Deborah Lippmann – Mermaid’s Dream: What can I say really. It’s a DL glitter so it kind of speaks for itself. I will say that this one is rather unique though because it’s much more multi faceted than her other glitters. This color is so perfect for spring and summer. I just love it. Click here to see a swatch of Mermaid’s Dream.
Don’t forget to rate and comment and let me know what you think or if you have any questions about any of these products. As always, thanks for reading!